Monday, December 26, 2011

Book Review: "His Little Princess"

Cinderella. Sleeping Beauty. Snow White. Rapunzel (Tangled is my new favorite "princess" movie!). From the time girls are little, they play & dream about being princesses. What girl wouldn't want to live in a castle, wear beautiful dresses, have a prince rescue them, and live happily ever after? Imagine as a young girl getting letters from your father, the King, which start with things like "My Precious Princess" or "My Beautiful Daughter", that go on to tell you how much the king loves you and delights in you and has wonderful things planned for you in life!

That is exactly the premise of this precious book by Sheri Rose Shepherd, titled His Little Princess: Treasured Letters from Your King (His Princess). On each page is a letter from the King, our Heavenly Father, to His precious daughters. With each letter from the King, there is a corresponding response prayer to show a little girl how she can converse with her Father, the King (God).

I'm no longer in elementary school, but my heart softened at some of the "letters from the King". Oh to think that is how God views me as His daughter! This book would be a great resource when working with young girls (probably like 1st-4th grade), to show them how God wants to know each of them personally and in a real way. Whether your daughter or a little girl in your life reads it every day, I'm not sure if they would or not, but the letters & response prayers I read reminded me as an adult princess of how great my Father's love is for me! So I recommend the book, yet also say check it out first to see if it's something your daughter/girl would like. Everyone is different!

No comments:

Post a Comment