Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Celebrating Christmas...

Just in case anyone is stopping by my blog, I wanted to let y'all know that starting today (Dec. 22nd) I will be off-line until January 1st, spending time with family and celebrating Christmas. I will be back after that, helping hunt down coupons, bargains, and freebies on our everyday life stuff like groceries, toiletries, and household supplies.

In the midst of a busy season, finding the perfect gifts, the best deals, etc... I continue to think about the fact that the entire reason we even have "Christmas" is to set aside a day out of the year to celebrate one of the most selfless acts in human history: our very personal God sending His Son, Jesus, to be born on this earth as a precious little baby boy, so that all people could have a personal relationship with God. Yet we've turned it into one of the most selfish days of our year.

The verse that keeps coming to my mind the last few weeks is the beginning of James 3:17- "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..." I look around me, and can't help but think of all the good gifts God has given me this year: my incredible husband who supports me, challenges me, and loves me through the ups and downs of life, my healthy little boy who brings me so many smiles, a home that keeps me warm, money to pay the bills every month, healthy food on our table, friends to laugh & cry with, healing with various health issues, and so much more! It's not even Christmas Day yet, but I have been receiving gifts all year long from a heavenly Father who loves all of us so much.

The best gifts of all really can't be wrapped and put under a Christmas tree, can they?

No comments:

Post a Comment