Thursday, July 7, 2011

Giant Eagle Shopping Trip 7/7

Since Giant Eagle's weekly ad runs from Thursday-Wednesday, I got to make another run this morning to continue the stockpile re-build in my house! And this time I took a picture... As I shared with a friend this week, I never thought I would regularly shop at Giant Eagle because of their high prices, but because of their coupon doubling policy, matched with weekly sales, Giant Eagle now has become a place I do shop at for stockpile basics like yogurt, cereal, pasta, boxed dinners, etc... Anyway, on to today's shopping trip:

Breyer's Ice Cream: 3/$10, Buy 3 Get the 4th FREE (sale price)
- used (4) $.75/1 coupons from here
Total: $1 each


Green Giant Steamers: 3/$5 (sale price)
- used (4) $.50/1 printable coupon (no longer available)
Total: $.67 each


Yoplait YoPlus yogurt: 3/$5 (sale price)
- used (4) $.50/1 coupons from 6/26 SS (I bought extras of this coupon online at thecouponclippers.com)
Total: $.67 each


Kraft Veggie Mac & Cheese: $1.59 (regular price)
- used (1) printable coupon from here
Total: $.09 per box


Grand Total: $9.43
That's a 63% savings! yay!


The thing about couponing/deals for me is not about always getting everything free, or almost free, but about reducing the cost of some of the items I normally buy (like ice cream, cereal, pasta, and yogurt), to free up room in the grocery budget for other things, like lots of fresh produce & fresh meat! I have been couponing for right at a year now, and while we've lived within the same food budget, we've been able to transition to eating way more home-cooked, fresh meals, while still enjoying treats like ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment