Saturday, November 19, 2011

Target Shopping Trip: 50% Savings

Yesterday I sat down and clipped coupons (I haven't done that in over a MONTH!!!) and set aside coupons that were expiring soon. This morning while my toddler son was on a playdate with a friend, I took Sweet Pea to Target to get some necessary items, as well as see what we could score with our coupons. Here's what we got: (and sorry, for a lot of them I can't tell you exactly what SmartSource I got them from--and since most of them are expiring this weekend, this is more of an encouragement on coupon shopping than a resource of where to get these coupons!)

MAM Pacifiers (2pk): $4.49 (my son did not like pacifiers, but my daughter DOES! We got one as a gift that she likes, and these are the closest I saw to the one we have)


Swiffer Dust & Spray: $3.49
- used $2/1 Swiffer Dust & Spray (from a home mailer maybe?)

Mentos UP2U Gum: $1.24
- used $1/1 one UP2U pack (SS ?)

(5) Swanson Chicken Broth, 15oz.: $.59
- used $.50/5 Swanson broth (SS ?)

Dr. Pepper TEN 2-Liter: $1.79
- FREE Dr. Pepper TEN 2-Liter coupon (SS ?)

J&J Red Cross Travel Kit: $.97
- used $1/1 Johnson & Johnson Red Cross or Neosporin item (SS?)

(2) Schick Quattro Razors for Men : $6.99
- used $5/1 Schick Quattro Razors for Men (printable, no longer available)

(2) Men's Schick Hydro Razor Gift Sets: $9.99
(included 1 razor, 5 cartridges, and Hydro shave gel)
- used (2) $5/1 Shick Hydro Razors for Men (printable, no longer available)

(2) Schick Quattro for Women disposables, 3 pk.: $6.79
- used (2) $5/1 Schick Quattro for Women (printable, no longer available)

Skintimate Shave Gel: $2.24
- Buy 2 Schick Quattro for Women razors, get Skintimate shave gel FREE (Target weekly promotion)

Huggies Little Swaddlers: $9.49
Huggies Natural Care Wipes Refill, 216ct.: $5.89
- used $4/1 wyb one Huggies diaper & one Huggies wipes (Target coupon) stacked with:
- used $2.50/1 Huggies Little Swaddlers (manf. ?)
- used $2/1 Huggies refill, 180ct or higher  (manf. ?)
so $.10/diaper, and $.017/wipe, which beats Amazon prices recently!

(5) Glade Holiday Candles, 4oz.: $2.50
- used (2) $2/2 Glade seasonal items coupon (Better Homes & Garden magazine)
- used $.75/1 Glade seasonal items coupon (Better Homes & Garden magazine)
- received $5 Target gift card, when you buy 5 Glade items, so $.55 per candle after coupons & gift card


TOTAL before coupons: $92.59 pre-tax (gasp! choke!)
Total AFTER Coupons: $40.81, a 56% savings 
(MUCH better!)

This is the first big coupon trip I've had in months. I know I used to get Gillette & Schick razors for FREE at Rite Aid, but right now I can't play the "drugstore game". $1 a cartridge is a good price for our household on quality razors. I'm going to give my husband one of the gift sets for Christmas (cheesy, I know, but we're going really simple & frugal for Christmas, so I figured this would make another practical gift but that was already in our monthly budget) and stash the other one away as a gift for another male relative.

How have you been doing with couponing and staying within your budget?

(I had to include this picture of my son trying to help me stack the items to take a picture... popcorn snack abandoned and everything! He's such a good helper for mommy, and has been a really good big brother, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment