Thursday, February 17, 2011

Grocery Shopping Trip...

Giant Eagle Weekly Deals and Coupon Matchups
I would take a picture, but I already put everything away in the fridge... Today was a GREAT shopping trip at Giant Eagle to re-stock up on basics. And my little Levi patiently shopped with me, despite the fact that I forgot his "Cookie Card" which lets a child pick a cookie at the bakery to eat while mommy shops (the card costs $1 and is good for the entire year).

Anyway, here's a recap of today's shopping trip, matching coupons with weekly sales at Giant Eagle:
- 3 bottles of Coffee-Mate flavored creamer (FREE after coupons doubled from here)
- 4 of Yoplait Kids yogurt 4-packs ($.67 each 4-pack after coupons from here)
- 4 YoPlus yogurt 4-packs ($.67 each 4-pack after coupons from here)
- 1 individual Yoplait yogurt (FREE after coupon from here)
- 2 tubes of Crest toothpaste (FREE after coupons in SS coupon booklet)
- 4 cans of Muir Glen Organic tomato sauce ($.19 after coupons from here)
- 5 oranges (5/$1)
- 1 gallon of milk ($1.98)

Shopping Total (after coupons): $8.19

Yay! When I got started on this couponing journey, I learned a lot (and I'm still learning!) and was encouraged when people posted about successful shopping trips, because it showed me first of all where coupons could be printed to match sales, and that some things that were "expensive" before (like yogurt) can actually be easily affordable. So while not every shopping trip are as amazing as today's, it inspires me to keep on meal planning and watching the weekly ads to match up my coupons to make a fantastic deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment