Sunday, February 13, 2011

Summer here we come... Our New Tent!!!

Coleman Red Canyon 17-Foot by 10-Foot 8-Person Modified Dome Tent
I grew up camping with my family a lot, and have so many fun memories. My husband and I have camped several times together, and after last summer, we decided it was time to upgrade our tent. With the addition of our little Levi, our 7'x7'x54" 2-person tent was getting a bit tight. Several cousins and friends recommended looking for tents in January/February, because many online places have fantastic sales during the "off-season" (and I never intend to camp during the winter, that's for sure!).

So we decided what our budget would be for a new tent, made a list of features we would need/like, and started looking. After several weeks of researching a variety of tents, the prices, reviews, etc... We finally decided on a tent, and let me tell you, I can't wait for summer to come!!! We decided on the Coleman Red Canyon 10'x17' 8-Person Modified Dome Tent. This tent has a 4.5 star rating (out of 5) out of 94 reviews, is tall enough for my 6'1" husband to stand up in, and has room dividers so I can have some privacy as our Levi gets older, or when we have other guests camping with us.

To make this purchase even better, I have been saving up Amazon giftcards I earned through Swagbucks*, and we were able to use those to help pay for some of the tent! I also found a 2-burner propane stove at Target on clearance a little while back ($12.48 instead of $50), as well as a small camping chair for Levi for $3. So now all we need is some warm weather to test out our new tent!

If you are considering getting a tent, and have set aside some money in your budget, now is definitely a great time to look for one!

* Swagbucks is an online search engine where you are randomly awarded fake money called "Swagbucks". You can also earn them for a variety of other things like doing surveys, reading their blog, printing coupons, taking polls, referring friends, etc... Then you redeem the "Swagbucks" for giftcards to a variety of places! The above link is my referral link, which is one of the ways you earn extra swagbucks. If you feel uncomfortable being a referral, just go directly to www.swagbucks.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment