Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fun Freebie: Cookies for Kids!


As I was blogging for my post earlier today, I was surfing the Giant Eagle website (one of our local grocery stores) for their coupon policy. I discovered a fantastic deal I look forward to registering Levi for next year: for $1 (100% goes to local children's hospitals), you can get a "cookie card" for your child (12 & under) that is good for the whole year, and every time you go grocery shopping, you can stop at the bakery, show them the card, and your child gets a free cookie!

I remember doing this as a child, and how excited my sisters and I were when we went grocery shopping with my mom, because we'd get to go pick out our free cookie. My favorite was a shortbread type cookie with nuts, hollow on the inside, and dipped in chocolate on the outside.

Did any of you ever get a free bakery cookie when you were a child? What was your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment