Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Savings

Today after church, my husband stopped at Giant Eagle with me to pick up groceries. I have been watching the weekly ads, and planning my trips for when things I want to stock up on are on sale, and I can take advantage of Giant Eagle's coupon doubling policy. This time I also was able to use a few eOffers that I had loaded to my GE Advantage Card. After two months of couponing, I am finally starting to see savings. Because now I'm not only getting great deals on things I need for this week, but I've also started being able to stock up for the future, when I can get things now for a great price. We are stocked up on basics like toothpaste, razors, contact solution, cereal, toilet paper, paper towels, soup, snack bars, mac & cheese... Yay!

So here is today's shopping spree (I won't always remember the exact coupon date/source-I'm still learning this blogging thing) Any coupons under $.99 were doubled: 

Select Always or Tampax: 3/$8
Used $1/1 Always Pads from 8/29 P&G
Used $1/1 Tampax from 8/29 P&G
Used $.55/1 Always Liners from 8/29 P&G
Total: $1.63 each


Kraft Macaroni & Cheese: 10/$10
Used $.55/2 from Kraft's Game (printed twice by pushing the back button on my browser)
Total: $.45 each box (bought 4)

MultiGrain Cheerios: 4/$10
Used $.75/1 from here (printed twice)
Stacked with $.75/1 from Giant Eagle eOffers (no longer available)
Total: $.63 each (bought 2, for my cheerio eating machine named Levi)

Giant Eagle Farmer's Market Salad: 10/$10
Used $.50/1 from Giant Eagle eOffers (no longer available)
Total: $.50 each (bought 1)

Ken's Dressing or Marinade: 2/$3
Used $.55/2 on Ken's Salad Dressings from previous SS (date unknown, maybe 8/22?)
Used $1/1 on Ken's Marinade from same source as above
Total: $.95 each for dressing, $.50 for marinade (bought 3 total)


Campbell's Chunky Soup, Hearty Request: 8/$10
Used $.50/1 from Campbell's (printed two from my laptop, two from my husband's)
Total: $.25 each (bought 4)


Tyson's Chicken Nuggets: $5.99
Used $1/1 from 8/22 SS
Total: $4.99 each (bought 1--my husband loves an occasional dinner of mac& cheese with nuggets)

Shopping Trip Total: $16.02 (including an additional $1.42 taken off from "FoodPerks")

No comments:

Post a Comment