- steam the vegetable/fruit until soft and tender
- puree in your blender, adding the water from the pot (or breastmilk) to thin until the desired consistency
- spoon into ice cube trays (each ice cube is approximately 1 oz. of food)
- freeze for 3-6 hours
- pop cubes out of tray, and store in quart size freezer bags
- pull out desired amount for a serving, microwave, and serve!
I have also had great success with the basic teething biscuit, which my son loves to gnaw on forever... it's like a baby gobstopper! He just gums it and gums it... with his new little teeth, this week he has worked small pieces off of a couple, but since he eats cheerios now, he's fine. I use the recipe from the website above, which is:
- 1 cup of juice
- 1 cup of baby rice cereal
- 1 cup of flour
Mix together, cut into desired shapes (or form into shapes--I use a candy cane cookie cutter and just cut the stick part so it's oblong). Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. One of those biscuits kept our kiddo busy almost the entire time we were at Kohls this evening looking at tennis shoes for my husband.
Tomorrow it's the fruits! Bring on the nectarines, peaches, apples, and bananas!