Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back in the Saddle: Giant Eagle Savings

I have a confession: I haven't clipped coupons since the beginning of July. Yep, it's the truth. This summer has been so hectic with pregnancy issues, raising an 18m old, traveling, my husband's work schedule... It's been a little crazy. I've stayed within our monthly grocery budget, but that's been because of traveling and also not stocking up. I also haven't been to Rite Aid or any other drug store in 8 weeks. And here I am trying to run a couponing & deals blog... :-)

So this morning my son and I watched "Finding Nemo" while I clipped coupons. Then we went to Giant Eagle, armed with clipped coupons! He got to eat a cookie while I shopped, thanks to Giant Eagle's Cookie Card program. I started back small, but yes, it did feel good! Giant Eagle sales end on Wednesday, so I kind of HAD to go! And remember, GE doubles coupons up to $.99. Here's what I got:

Transaction #1:
2 Always Pads (3/$8)
1 Always Pantiliners (3/$8)
- used GE e-offer $1/1 Always Pantiliner
- used GE e-offer $.50/1 Always pad
- used $2/1 Always pads (from mailer)
- used $1/1 Always pantiliners (from mailer)
- used $.50/1 Always pads (from August P&G coupon booklet)
Total: $2.50 +tax
Received $3 catalina, good on my next purchase

Transaction #2:
1 Yoplait yogurt 4-pack ($2.50)
1 Yoplait YoPlus 4-pack ($2.29)
1 Ken's Marinade (3/$5)
2 Ken's Salad Dressings (3/$5)
2 Bounty Napkins, 100 ct. (2/$3)
1 Dawn Dish Soap ($1.69)
- used $.50/1 Dawn product GE e-offer
- used $.25/1 Bounty Napkins GE e-offer
- used (2) $.25/1 Bounty Napkins (August P&G)
- used $.50/1 Dawn coupon (SS from this summer?)
- used $.50/1 YoPlus coupon (SS from this summer?)
- used $.50/1 Yoplait orginal coupon (SS from this summer?)
- used $1/2 Ken's salad dressings (SS from this summer?)
- used $1/1 Ken's marinade (SS from this summer?)
- used $3 OYNO from transaction #1
- used $.49 foodperks savings
Total: $6.61 (including tax)

Total Original Cost: $23.19 (including tax & sale prices)
Total Out-of-Pocket: $9.60
Total Savings: $13.59 (59%)

I will say the yogurt and napkins were above the price I've been aiming at this year, but we needed both, and it was still a good price. Just not amazing.






No comments:

Post a Comment