Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers: $.25 at Home Depot (plus my review)


Home Depot sells the single count Mr. Clean Magic Erasers for $1. I found them at mine at the front of the store on a display, not back in the cleaning aisle. If you have the $.75/1 coupon from the P&G Organize in Style coupon booklet, that would make them only $.25. (Sorry, I tried getting the link for people to sign-up for the booklet, but it's not letting me since I already signed on and I don't have time to mess with it right now, so if you know the link, post it in a comment below!)

I have been skeptical about these, to be honest. They've been around for awhile. And I figured, what could they do that bleach or Windex or whatever can't do? So I figured for $.25 I would give it a try. We rent our house (and love it), and the kitchen counters are a white speckled laminate from the 60's and absorb EVERYTHING. I bleach my counters every week to remove basic food stains. But some refuse to go away, like these two rings from mixing some t-shirt dye earlier this summer:
I have let these two rings SOAK in bleach, but to no avail. So I got out my new Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, ran it under water, squeezed it out, and wiped across these two rings. They were gone:
I'm not kidding. I literally just swiped back and forth across them a couple times. They are so gone that I had a hard time finding where to take the picture! I wiped away some other spots that have been on our countertops for a LONG time, and stood back amazed. 

So I'm convinced. They really are magic. And even if you don't have a coupon, $1 to try it out is completely worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment