Monday, August 22, 2011

A Work-In-Progress: "Baby Sister's Room"

Over the weekend I got to spend concentrated time on sewing for "Sweet Pea's Room". Our house has been in many stages of transition over the last few months as we prepare for the birth of our daughter in November. Our little man, Levi (19m) has moved into his new "big boy" room...
He is having a lot of fun driving his cars, sitting on the couch reading books with mommy, and dancing to children's Bible songs, Rascal Flatts, or Frank Sinatra (yep, we listen to a variety!). His room is still in progress. I need to finish the curtains (to replace the blankets) and my hubby is making shelves for above each window. Levi also likes to check on the progress in Baby Sister's new room (his old room)...
This nursery just fits our glider (a gift from when our son was born), along with the crib & beautiful dresser/changing table we bought off Craigslist. My husband painted over the previously brown walls (from the cowboy themed nursery) with a calming lavender. I have gotten to sew a white ruffled crib skirt, and a really fun crib bumper (my husband helped me pick out the fabric!) Other additions have been a few teddy bears from Levi's collection of stuffed animals, a soft purple blanket on clearance at a baby store, and a girly rug from Target.
I'm still in process with the baby quilt, and will also be making the curtains when my talented mom comes up to visit in a few weeks (she has WAY more experience with curtains!). So in about 12 more weeks, there will be a little girl sleeping in this little crib garden! Her name is still being decided, but in the meantime I just call her our lil' Sweet Pea. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment